martes, 20 de octubre de 2015

Unit 3 Yuor free time and Writing 2

Unit 3
Your free time

















There are three verbs that collocate with sports and other free time activities: godoand play, but they are not interchangeable:

·                     Go is used with activities and sports that end in -ing. The verb go here implies that we go somewhere to practice this sport: go swimming.

·                     Do is used with recreational activities and with individual, non-team sports or sports in which a ball is not used, like martial arts, for example: do a crossword puzzle, do athletics, do karate.

·                     Play is generally used with team sports and those sports that need a ball or similar object (puck, disc, shuttlecock...). Also, those activities in which two people or teams compete against each other: play football, play poker, play chess.

In this table there is a list of sports and activities that collocate with these verbs:

Go
Do
Play
riding
aerobics
badminton
jogging
gymnastics
table-tennis
hitch-hiking
taekwondo
football
fishing
judo
basketball
sailing
karate
chess
windsurfing
kung-fu
cricket
skiing
ballet
board games
snowboarding
exercise
snooker
swimming
yoga
hockey
dancing
athletics
baseball
skating
archery
rugby
cycling
a crossword puzzle
volleyball
running
tai chi
squash




In my free time

In my free time i like to playing soccer with my family,: I play soccer in the park. Besides, I go to church to meetings with married couples, and I like wathing movies. I don´t like watching scary movies, and I like to cook with my husband and my child, but also I like to do aerobics with my friends in the free time. On weekend's  I like to go to have coffe at my cousins  home, and I like to relax at home with my family watching TV at night.


My husband´s free time

My husband is William; he can cook , and he likes to listend to music, but he doesn't like to dance. He likes to play soccer at socar field. Besides he likes to go to the stadium to watch soccer marches. He works as a chef; his job is interesting, but tiring. But , in his freetime, he plays with our baby, they play with cars in the house.






















No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario